Matt King



There There/Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?

April 15- May 15, 2010

Melted lollipops that land on handkerchiefs or jewelry that is discard to the depths of a handbag only to come out wrapped around the remnants of life are suggested in Matt King’s sumptuous constructions for Clutch. Matt King has fashioned these profanely elegant sculptures for coupling with either “day” or “evening” attire. There There and Have I Told You Lately That I Love You? will rotate accordingly. There There is mounted in the space for everyday use like going to work, or walks in the park while Have I Told You Lately That I Love You? will be mounted for it's more formal outings such as cocktails, or cotillions. There There and Have I Told You Lately That I Love You? are sensual in nature, discretion is encouraged and parental guidance is advised.


Matt King is a sculptor whose exhibitions include solo shows at Werkstätte (NYC), Massimo Audiello (NYC), and Fourteen30 Contemporary (Portland, OR) as well as group exhibitions including Guild & Greyshkul, Lurhring Augustine, Stux Gallery, and the Vienna Kunsthalle. He received his MFA from Bard College and is a graduate of the Whitney Independent Study Program and Cooper Union. King lives in Richmond, VA and is currently an Assistant Professor of Sculpture + Extended Media at Virginia Commonwealth University.